This one is for the meat lovers who also want to have some healthy vegetables.
- Slice the beef into small pieces and have the broccoli separated rinsed and ready.
- In a bowl whisk soy sauce, vinegar, chicken stock, garlic, sesame oil, ginger, red chilli flakes, cornstarch, hot sauce and quarter cup of water.
- Heat the oil and cook the steak until brown (for about 3 – 4 minutes).
- Mix the broccoli and the mixture of soy sauce until the combination is a bit thicker (about 3- 4 minutes).
- Serve with some rice.
2. Tuna and Avacado Wrap
Combine some canned tuna with avocado.
- Add in salt, pepper, hot sauce, mustard, red onion, celery, and cilantro to the mix.
- Then on each tortilla place some lettuce, carrot (cut in Julienne style) and add in the tuna mix evenly.
- Roll the tortilla into a tight wrap.
3. Stuffed Bell Pepper Boats
A healthier version of nachos.
- Clean the bell pepper of seeds and cut into 6 pieces.
- Got some leftover chicken from last night (if you don’t have any, cook the chicken to your liking)
- Add to the bell pepper boat.
- Put some cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven (375 degrees) for about 10 minutes.
4. Mac 'n' Cheese with Broccoli
Everyone’s favourite dish. Mac n Cheese with some broccoli.
- Boil some Absolute Organic fusilli pasta for 7- 10 minutes (you can get your hands on this brand of pasta at any Softlogic GLOMARK outlet). Put the pasta, broccoli to a bowl and add some butter, salt, pepper and some chilli flakes thereafter mix it well.
- Add cheese of your choice on top (parmesan, cheddar etc.) and bake.
5. 15-Minute Lo Mein
A mouth-watering noodle dish your family won’t say no to!
- Mix 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1tsp of sesame oil and sugar.
- Cook the noodles, drain and keep it aside.
- Put some sesame oil into a large pan (a wok if you have one at home) and once it is heated, add in onions and julienne cut carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, bok-choy. Mix it well until the ingredients are stir fried (about 5 minutes). Add in some rice wine (mirin). Add in the noodles and the soy sauce. Properly toss and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
Preparing your dinner at home is cheaper and a lot healthier than eating out. Make your own recipes and keep your loved ones healthy!